Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - T-350 with a electrical connector?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 12:35 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short_box
Is there anyway to get the plug from the junk yard and just send power to to it or tie wires together and confuse it to make it think its hooked up? I know nothing about this lockup junk. I drove it for the first time today and it definatly acts wierd and takes its sweet time shifting or whatever it was trying to do. I have another one when i get the money im gonna have it built im just trying to find a cheap fix to ride on till i can get the other one done.
You can hook up the detent cable correctly and make sure the modulator is hooked up to a manifold vacuum source and that the mod. is good.

If you do all that, the tranny will (if it's good in the first place) shift and drive exactly like any TH350 will- except the TC will slip a couple hundred RPM more than a stock TC would.

If the tranny is shifting weird or whatever w/all the proper adjustments and vac. line hook-ups, the tranny has probs.

The pressure switch for spark control was on the passenger side of the tranny (the TCC 2- or 4-prong connector is on the drivers side. Even though only two wires are used to control the lock-up) and is a single wired switch threaded into a pressure port near where the cooler lines are located- up towards the bell housing. In the case of this switch, you can remove and plug the port. I've heard of there being a temp sender in this area as well but have not actually seen such a thing yet.