T-350 shift kit - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 09:01 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

T-350 shift kit

Okay so I am doing a complete swap from v6 to v8 and have a th350 good to go, but before I put it in I have heard that you can do an "at home" shift kit by drilling out some things. So has anyone heard/know how to do this? Maybe my buddy was blowin smoke, but figured id ask before its in. thanks

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 11:21 AM
when will it rain???

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91CamaroDude
Okay so I am doing a complete swap from v6 to v8 and have a th350 good to go, but before I put it in I have heard that you can do an "at home" shift kit by drilling out some things. So has anyone heard/know how to do this? Maybe my buddy was blowin smoke, but figured id ask before its in. thanks
there are a few things you can do to increase shift feel without installing a kit for this trans.
the easy things that can be done are to remove the 2-3 accumulator spring in the valve body, and to block off the 1-2 accumulator in the side of the case.
drilling holes in the separator plate can benefit or hurt you depending on what your after, and without doing the additional modifications that come with a kit can give you adverse reactions to what your truly after.
transgo makes a kit that is simple to install and helps give you what your after. its a 350 1&2. heres a link to the site, the kit is a little more than half way down the page. also, they have an install video you can download to help with instructions (a bit vague) and installation. hope this helps
Old 03-24-2011, 12:13 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsmith10
there are a few things you can do to increase shift feel without installing a kit for this trans.
the easy things that can be done are to remove the 2-3 accumulator spring in the valve body, and to block off the 1-2 accumulator in the side of the case.
drilling holes in the separator plate can benefit or hurt you depending on what your after, and without doing the additional modifications that come with a kit can give you adverse reactions to what your truly after.
transgo makes a kit that is simple to install and helps give you what your after. its a 350 1&2. heres a link to the site, the kit is a little more than half way down the page. also, they have an install video you can download to help with instructions (a bit vague) and installation. hope this helps

Okay maybe I should've specified, im upgrading to a mainly stock sbc350 with a mild RV cam and a 600 Holley, so nothing too radical, but is still an upgrade for a v6. So im not necessarily out to get the biggest bang for right now. I am looking for the link that was on the page (im very new Hotrodders.com) so maybe a highlight of the link would be helpful. But as far as the feel its a daily driver so i especially dont wanna go outrageous on mods for the tranny but something dependable and has some thrust if this makes any sence. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:30 PM
when will it rain???

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91CamaroDude
Okay maybe I should've specified, im upgrading to a mainly stock sbc350 with a mild RV cam and a 600 Holley, so nothing too radical, but is still an upgrade for a v6. So im not necessarily out to get the biggest bang for right now. I am looking for the link that was on the page (im very new Hotrodders.com) so maybe a highlight of the link would be helpful. But as far as the feel its a daily driver so i especially dont wanna go outrageous on mods for the tranny but something dependable and has some thrust if this makes any sence. Thanks!
gads... im sorry there man, i cant believe i forgot to post the link. sorry, its been one of those days...
how about this?: http://www.transgo.com/rpg_generalmtr.php

as far as what i told you on the DIY without the kit. its nothing fancy, 350's have a soft 3rd gear for the most part anyways, and usually, i toss the 2-3 accumulator spring when i build a 350. as far as the blocking off of the 1-2 accumulator, i dont do that, but its something i know people have done to give a better 1-2 shift.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:45 AM

Last photo:

Jake shows the DIY shift kit Info in his 350 Build>> http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/th35...ch-145361.html
Old 03-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Morris update 9-28-2014
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Jakeshoe's t-350 article is in the Crankshaft Wiki clik here ... I have been cleaning that article up a bit, added some more photos
Old 03-25-2011, 10:02 PM

Last photo:

Looks good Crosley. Is Jakes 400 build in the Wiki also?
T-400 Build Tips with Photos
Old 03-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Morris update 9-28-2014
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSedan64
Looks good Crosley. Is Jakes 400 build in the Wiki also?
T-400 Build Tips with Photos

yes, if you navigate the Crankshaft Wiki Transmission page

clik here

.. you will see several articles there that may help folks. A link can be posted to the Wiki on this board to various articles
Old 03-26-2011, 06:04 PM

Last photo:

Wow thanks tnsmith that is the best guide Ive seen and it helped alot.

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.