T-350 shift kit - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 95
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
T-350 shift kit

Okay so I am doing a complete swap from v6 to v8 and have a th350 good to go, but before I put it in I have heard that you can do an "at home" shift kit by drilling out some things. So has anyone heard/know how to do this? Maybe my buddy was blowin smoke, but figured id ask before its in. thanks

    Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2011, 11:21 AM
tnsmith10's Avatar
when will it rain???
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: where its very dry and dusty
Age: 43
Posts: 1,297
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91CamaroDude
Okay so I am doing a complete swap from v6 to v8 and have a th350 good to go, but before I put it in I have heard that you can do an "at home" shift kit by drilling out some things. So has anyone heard/know how to do this? Maybe my buddy was blowin smoke, but figured id ask before its in. thanks
there are a few things you can do to increase shift feel without installing a kit for this trans.
the easy things that can be done are to remove the 2-3 accumulator spring in the valve body, and to block off the 1-2 accumulator in the side of the case.
drilling holes in the separator plate can benefit or hurt you depending on what your after, and without doing the additional modifications that come with a kit can give you adverse reactions to what your truly after.
transgo makes a kit that is simple to install and helps give you what your after. its a 350 1&2. heres a link to the site, the kit is a little more than half way down the page. also, they have an install video you can download to help with instructions (a bit vague) and installation. hope this helps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 95
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsmith10
there are a few things you can do to increase shift feel without installing a kit for this trans.
the easy things that can be done are to remove the 2-3 accumulator spring in the valve body, and to block off the 1-2 accumulator in the side of the case.
drilling holes in the separator plate can benefit or hurt you depending on what your after, and without doing the additional modifications that come with a kit can give you adverse reactions to what your truly after.
transgo makes a kit that is simple to install and helps give you what your after. its a 350 1&2. heres a link to the site, the kit is a little more than half way down the page. also, they have an install video you can download to help with instructions (a bit vague) and installation. hope this helps

Okay maybe I should've specified, im upgrading to a mainly stock sbc350 with a mild RV cam and a 600 Holley, so nothing too radical, but is still an upgrade for a v6. So im not necessarily out to get the biggest bang for right now. I am looking for the link that was on the page (im very new Hotrodders.com) so maybe a highlight of the link would be helpful. But as far as the feel its a daily driver so i especially dont wanna go outrageous on mods for the tranny but something dependable and has some thrust if this makes any sence. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2011, 05:30 PM
tnsmith10's Avatar
when will it rain???
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: where its very dry and dusty
Age: 43
Posts: 1,297
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91CamaroDude
Okay maybe I should've specified, im upgrading to a mainly stock sbc350 with a mild RV cam and a 600 Holley, so nothing too radical, but is still an upgrade for a v6. So im not necessarily out to get the biggest bang for right now. I am looking for the link that was on the page (im very new Hotrodders.com) so maybe a highlight of the link would be helpful. But as far as the feel its a daily driver so i especially dont wanna go outrageous on mods for the tranny but something dependable and has some thrust if this makes any sence. Thanks!
gads... im sorry there man, i cant believe i forgot to post the link. sorry, its been one of those days...
how about this?: http://www.transgo.com/rpg_generalmtr.php

as far as what i told you on the DIY without the kit. its nothing fancy, 350's have a soft 3rd gear for the most part anyways, and usually, i toss the 2-3 accumulator spring when i build a 350. as far as the blocking off of the 1-2 accumulator, i dont do that, but its something i know people have done to give a better 1-2 shift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2011, 03:45 AM
SSedan64's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Macon, GA.
Age: 50
Posts: 6,016
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 46 Times in 46 Posts
Jake shows the DIY shift kit Info in his 350 Build>> http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/th35...ch-145361.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Crosley's Avatar
Hotrodders.com Moderator
 
Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Morris update 9-28-2014
Last photo:
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ... USA
Posts: 8,173
Wiki Edits: 1659

Thanks: 405
Thanked 106 Times in 102 Posts
Jakeshoe's t-350 article is in the Crankshaft Wiki clik here ... I have been cleaning that article up a bit, added some more photos
__________________
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2011, 10:02 PM
SSedan64's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Macon, GA.
Age: 50
Posts: 6,016
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 46 Times in 46 Posts
Looks good Crosley. Is Jakes 400 build in the Wiki also?
T-400 Build Tips with Photos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Crosley's Avatar
Hotrodders.com Moderator
 
Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Morris update 9-28-2014
Last photo:
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ... USA
Posts: 8,173
Wiki Edits: 1659

Thanks: 405
Thanked 106 Times in 102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSedan64
Looks good Crosley. Is Jakes 400 build in the Wiki also?
T-400 Build Tips with Photos

yes, if you navigate the Crankshaft Wiki Transmission page

clik here

.. you will see several articles there that may help folks. A link can be posted to the Wiki on this board to various articles
__________________
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2011, 06:04 PM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 95
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Wow thanks tnsmith that is the best guide Ive seen and it helped alot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can i use the 700-2-3 Shift Kit with the B&M Shift Improver Kit in my 1985 700r4 84chevyc10 Transmission - Rearend 8 01-16-2012 12:05 PM
T-350 what shift kit? cutthroatkid Transmission - Rearend 9 09-15-2009 05:45 AM
Th-350 Shift Kit GoneNova/406 Transmission - Rearend 0 10-18-2005 11:57 PM
350 turbo shift kit 72chevy cruisin Transmission - Rearend 4 09-02-2004 07:56 AM
th-350 shift kit ideas cragars Transmission - Rearend 4 05-05-2004 08:48 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.