Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - t-350 or t-400 torque converter ID ?
View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Crosley's Avatar
Crosley Crosley is offline Moderator
Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: morris
Last photo:
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ... USA
Posts: 8,328
Wiki Edits: 1659

Thanks: 483
Thanked 128 Times in 119 Posts
Originally Posted by redneckhotrodder
hey guys i bought a reman torque converter for my olds with a 472 and a th400
out of a '69 deville and after spending 3 hours tearing my car to pieces i realized
the buttons were different, my old one is tapered with a nipple at the top
the new one had no taper but had a ridge around the button i have looked at several sources and according to them the th400s used the torque converter that i couldn't use. Do i have th350 torque converter or some rare th400 TC?
I have no idea what part you are describing on the converter.

Are we talking about the pads on the converter where the bolts thread into for attachment to the flywheel?
Yesterday is history.
Reply With Quote