Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - T-350 takes off in 2nd gear
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 01:07 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

T-350 takes off in 2nd gear

I have a 350 turbo built by performance automatic that worked fine for 1000 miles then began skipping 1st gear when taking off from a stop with the shifter in drive.The trans is supposed to be good for 550 hp and i am running a 388 stroker dynoed at 497.Because of tire size limitations it will not hook up, so there is no real heavy strain on the trans. If I put the shifter in 1st, it will take off in 1st and work normally for the rest of the shifts, either shifting the shifter manually, or placing it in drive.I have written to this site and several others, approx. 1 year ago, with no good results. I have checked the vac mod and vac hoses;the shift linkage on the shifter and the kickdown linkage on the trans at the carb;the governor and weights,and whatever else I could without going inside the trans.I have changed the vac mod with no change.I have been told the problem may be in the valve body,but what do I check for? The car has been stored for the winter and only driven weekends during the summer,soI would like to get it fixed now for good! As a side note, when I am stopped at a stoplite and put the shifter in neutral,sometimes it will start very slowly moving forward if I don't have my foot on the brake.