Old 11-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39chevy View Post
I have asked about the trans problem driving its fine, but when sits over night it leaks all over maybey least a qrt. I started to check on this before I see if vent is plugged, is it normal after sitting for say 2 weeks to pull out dip stick and holder and have approx 1 qrt of trans fluid spill out? Maybey I habe overfilled. I know it has to warm up to check, I understand that. What is normal after sitting long periods to have spill over If you pull dipstick and holder? Thanks Dana
The trans is drain back fluid out the torque converter. This happens when the trans sits for a long time

If it coming out of the filler tube, it sounds like the breather may be plugged since the fluid level would be so high to spill out the filler tube it's self... Normally the fluid would spill out the breather which is located lower than the top of the filler tube, unless you have cut the filler tube down to a short unit