Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - T-350 Transmission Rebuild Tips and Pics.
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:52 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Valve Body Pins/Pistons

These pins were a royal pain. The ones in the blind holes anyway. They ARE just dropped in there, and will come out with a little effort.

Play around with pushing the front of those valves and at the same time banging the valve body on a piece of wood to try to get them to drop out. If they come out enough for you to grab them with a pair of little forceps, you are good to go.......Also pay close attention which valves go in which holes. They should have some marks on the front.....if not I suggest you make some. And put them in baggies after you get them out too.....And MARK the baggies with your sharpie.

I had one valve body that was HARD to get out....it was the 3rd one from the left....(with the channels up). I used a little screw driver that was bent on the end to CAREFULLY push on the piston through the channels. Once it was out enough to expose a lip, it was a lot easier to get it out......There was a burr where the pin was and that what caused it to be so tight......z

Last edited by zardiw; 10-07-2012 at 10:12 PM.