Old 08-19-2011, 06:05 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by _BANDIT_
Hmm, so what you suggest for me to do? Put old used part back to tranny or something else? Since I'm from Europe, it's very hard for me to find some USA supplier for that sprag.
Maybe someone from the forum can help....

About that roller clutch in the picture: I always thought that the roller clutch is the replacement for the "B" sprag. Does it fits somewhere else into my tranny? Am I missing something?

I bought master rebuild kit for TH400 and everything fits except that roller clutch wich is similar size as "B" sprag, so I tought that it should be replacement for "B" sprag.

The roller clutch in your rebuild kit IS the design replacement for the sprag in the planetary unit... it IS the late design which requires the later design planetary carrier.

You obivously can not use the roller clutch in place of the sprag design. The photo you posted earlier of the 2 designs of the planetary carrier indicate the designs are different and can not inter change the roller clutch into the early sprag design planetary carrier.

If the sprag is in good shape, you may have to re-use it in the planetary carrier.

The roller clutch in your kit does not fit any where else.