Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - T-400 modulator line
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Murderator

Last journal entry: Brackets, Stories and the future
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

@cobalt...I absolutely plan to!! I found the vacuum line no problem, but I've got a problem.

After I replaced the cooler lines and refilled the trans-fluid (it was down about 2 quarts), I took it about 100 yards down the block and she wasn't shifting. I figured it was because of the modulator, so I ran to the parts store and picked up some vacuum hose and steel line...I rigged up something I figured would produce enough vacuum and took it around the block again...still no shifting.

I could be mistaken but, I tried putting it into first and then I manually shifted into second and it didn't seem like it shifted. I did some research and the only suggestions I found pertained to the modulator or the governor.

I just got the truck on Friday from about 80 miles from my house. Checked fluid before I took it on the road and it was good...was stuck in traffic for a long while and it drove fine with stop and go traffic and highway speeds up to 65ish.

Saturday morning I took my son out for a ride in the truck, made a few rounds in town and when I got home I noticed she was leaking and I stopped driving it and replaced the lines. She had been shifting fine...didn't seem like I was encountering any slippage or anything of that sort.

Any suggestions?