Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - T-400 modulator line
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Murderator

Last journal entry: It wasn't quite out...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I believe I have the modulator plumbed correctly. I traced the line and it goes into the intake manifold and the steel tubing looked to be 1/4" tubing but on the end that went into the manifold it had a reducer that narrowed the I.D. to about the size of a needle.

In any case, I salvaged the little deal that went into the intake and ran a short piece of rubber vacuum hose to a new piece of 1/4" tubing and tossed a new piece of rubber hose between the steel line and the modulator.

I did not really push the truck too hard around the neighborhood. Prior to me working on the lines it did seemed that it shifted sooner though. I will do the vacuum check tomorrow at some point.

I've always heard that TH400's are "bulletproof" and while it's not good to run it low on fluid, I really hope I didn't do any damage to the internals. The ironic thing is that I have a 99 mercury sable that had leaky lines and I toasted the tranny in it...but that doesn't surprise me. I seen it was leaking and I totally neglected the leak...because I hate Ford/Mercury And when I was driving home from work, the RPM's went really high...but the car wasn't going forward...I knew I had problems. hahaha...

really I hope the same didnt' just happen on this truck...