Old 12-10-2012, 02:33 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msulli07 View Post
I have been cruising the forums and can't find any help so I finally decided to join here as you guys have secretly helped me in the past. haha. I Have a TH400 tranny that i pulled from a running driving vehicle. I replaced the pump gasket and put a B&M shift kit in it. It then sat for a few months. I put it in a buddys pickup that he tore up his 350 trans. So we put the 400 in with a new B&M converter. We filled the converter with fluid and filled the trans up. My problem is I don't have any gears at all. Just park. We put the truck on stands and the tires barely move when in gear. Not even enough to budge the truck when its back on the ground. Any ideas? I m figuring that it has something to do with the valve body. Any help would be great. Thanks guys
Loose valve body (VB) bolts, not enough fluid, disconnected or missing filter. You did bolt the converter to the flexplate?

Does the engine rev freely w/the tranny in gear, or does it feel like the engine is being held back?

You stayed w/just one kit "stage", and didn't mix stage 1 w/stage 2, for example?

You matched up the VB gaskets? You can check the old gasket to the one that you will prolly have left over to see (it's been a long time since I saw a B&M kit, so bear w/me here). If they are the same, the wrong gasket got used.