Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - T-400 trans to a Ford 351 C engine?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 10:39 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

T-400 trans to a Ford 351 C engine?

Im looking for some info/help on a idea that i have and i want to know if its been done or impossible.
Im currently building a 351 clevland ( 11.4:1 .30 over , aussie ported heads, 640 lift) and im looking into transmissions and i currently have a c4 to bolt to it but to get one rebuilt in my area to handle the engine is a very large pry bar on the pocket book.
Id love to put in a turbo 400, but i cant find any way that it has been done or adaptor plates or anything. I know its like a cardinal sin for a ford to have a chevy and vis versa but, I want the durability and gearing of the th 400 and Im not a purist and dont care weather its chevy or ford as long as its mean and fast. I already know that ill have to get a custom shaft made and mounts and a bunch of other stuff that has to get done but the one thing that i cant find is a way to bolt it up.
If anyone has any ideas or knows of a place to get a mounting plate please let me know
thanks