Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - T-400 trans to a Ford 351 C engine?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 12:13 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Why not just rebuild any C4 that you already have instead of trying to bastardize something else. To do a C4 - really no special tools beyond a dial indicator They are about as simple to do as a 3-4 speed manual. Couple hundred bucks worth of parts from here or similar supplier, a weekend, and you are on your way. To do a performance build, another few hundred and a heluva lot better then some odd ball transmission for that enging.

do you know the correct way to build the c 4 to handle 650 hp, if you do im all ears, eyes and hands.
and im not trying to piss people off with the idea of putting the combo together i just want a car that launches hard, shifts solid, is durable and doesnt leave a trail of parts for the wrecker. truthfully if the trans guys in my area would come down a bit on the price id go with them to rebuild my c4, ive heard many horror stories of trying to rebuild auto trans. and altho im ready to give it a shot, but i dont think that i can handle a high proformance build my first shot. unless there that easy to make strong?????