T-400 trans to a Ford 351 C engine? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 09:39 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

thank you for the links im sure that they will prove helpfull.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 09:55 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Why are you so worried about the cost of a transmission when you have so much $$ tied up in that "650Hp" 351C. Doesn't compute
my explanation, Ive called countless trans shops around my town, i found one builder that new exactly what needed to be done to handle that hp and was the cheepest qoute. but the problem is he offered no warrenty other than his word and we all know that that '' word'' doesnt hold up to well on the side of the road. and the other shops knowlage of the subject didnt impress me much and the cost was all most double and a whole 30 day warrenty on labor. this didnt leave me to hopefullvthat the job would be done right. I am useing the 650 hp as a general number to over build my drive train, to lessen the break down factor, bye the time im done with the engine the total hp will be most likely be under 550 but i want a safety factor. because of the lack of warrenty and the conditions that im expecting to put my car under.
im not against putting money into the trans but with the experiance that ive had with just calling around for qoutes didnt leave me to excited to spend that kinda of money for inexperiance , basicly the lack of warrenty tells me that there not to solid on there knowlage of the subject and there just gonna give it a try at my expense.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:08 PM

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:

C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick 427
UMMM...Yes, a C-6 will bolt up....1 bolt pattern fits the 429-460- and 351m.....the other bolt pattern fits the 289-302-351w-351c
a c6 wont fit my 351 Cleveland it will only acept the 289.351w. 260 351c. The c6 has a square lookin top with a different bolt pattern. And a C4 is stronger than a 400 as far as i am concerned. i have seen many 35i C with C4s and never died.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:03 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfyj
a c6 wont fit my 351 Cleveland it will only acept the 289.351w. 260 351c. The c6 has a square lookin top with a different bolt pattern. And a C4 is stronger than a 400 as far as i am concerned. i have seen many 35i C with C4s and never died.
the c 4 stock according to a tech at ford tech line will handle 250-300 hp max with out up grades, a turbo 400 stock will handle 650 hp according to a chevy tech line. i was told that a c 4 wouldnt handle what im looking to throw at it in the conditions that im looking to throw at it.

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.