Hot Rod Forum banner

T-45 5 speed to 5.0 ???

891 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Nitrospud 
#1 ·
I've got a 5 speed out of a '99 Mustang GT. I believe it's a T-45. Are there any adaptors on the market that will enable me to bolt this up to an '86 5.0 block ? Any advice is appreciated !

#2 ·
I don't believe anything has been released yet as the T-45 bellhousing actually contains some of the gear drive. It was released specifically for the COBRA modular engine. It might be best to either hold on to it or sell it and aquire a modified T-5.

<a href="http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=c31dae4c7e86a5d433ffcc3756530359&threadid=70844&highlight=T45+CONVERSION" target="_blank">-Here-</a> is a past thread (year old) concerning this from corral.net.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info Kultulz.
I picked up the whole package at a local swap meet, transmission, crossmember, clutch, flywheel, starter motor, driveshaft, pedal assembly and clutch cable out of an '99 Mustang GT. I was hoping to get it to fit in the Falcon. Thought it was too good to be true ! That kinda stuff is pretty rare over here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.