Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - T-5 Experts...
Thread: T-5 Experts...
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Gotta love a turbo!

Last journal entry: Body on Frame today.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGear View Post
Russ

I think what you're looking at is a err..selling point of the McLeod product. We see a LOT of variation is the scattershields these days. Get the casting number on the case. Merlinn is correct in his comment; however, the SSang Yongs weren't supposed to be sold in N America originally and you see them occasionally. Quality on these units varies widely. My assumption is that when the T5s started drying up, these SY's started finding there way here.

Post the casting number on the main case. I'll pull the case off the shelf and verify your dims. Those measurements were from the centers of the holes?

Im off Thursday and Friday; so I probably wont get to you until Monday; maybe someone here will have an old one and can check while Im out.
Nate, the case has #13-52-065-908 right above the reverse switch bung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big gear head View Post
Why not just get another case from a S10? I've got some of those that have the same bolt pattern as the old Muncie, T10 and Saganaw transmissions.
I'm gonna try and keep it all Ford, as the Astro or G-Force gear sets are primarily made for the Ford boxes. Cuts down on the complexity of trying to interchange stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmerlinn View Post
A few years ago I managed to buy about 50 brand new Ssang Yong T5s (13-52-243) at an auction in Los Angeles that were still in the original factory boxes strapped to the original factory pallets. They wound up being sold to a company in Korea.

I suspect that most of those found in the U.S. were probably attained similar to how I attained mine. When I researched mine, I found that there were not enough parts in them that would fit U.S. units to justify keeping them. So, to Korea they went.
OK I'll bite, WTF is a Ssang Yong? Some kind Calcutta doodlebug?

Russ