T-Bucket body plans yet? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2007, 08:21 AM
From the middle of the world

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

T-Bucket body plans yet?

Has anybody of the guys who were working to publish free t-bucket body plans made any progress yet?
I want to start building my fiberglass tub clay mold but have only rough refernces about dimensions and shapes, if anybody has plans please share them with this fellow car freak.
Thanks.
Augusto.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Check the Wicki on this site.....It contains a lot of T-bucket information.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Here you go..

Sam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	27 ford dimensions.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	18265  
Old 02-06-2007, 09:23 AM

Henry, you didn't post the website's address.

Sam, thanks a lot, I have a good starting point now, my hands will be dirty from now on.

Augusto.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Lost in the 60's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto
Henry, you didn't post the website's address.

Sam, thanks a lot, I have a good starting point now, my hands will be dirty from now on.

Augusto.
Look up at the top of this page where it tells all about the Wicki....It has a place there to click for it.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:29 AM

Dumb me
Thanks a lot.
Augusto.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Lost in the 60's

http://crankshaftcoalition.com/wiki/...T_Bucket_plans
Old 02-06-2007, 09:43 AM

Last wiki edit: AMC V-8s Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 14

You're going to lay-up your own body, and make your own mold? I wouldn't worry to much about plans, other than general dimensions and shape. I'd think a slightly larger tub would be fantastic -- maybe ask about the shortcomings of T bodies and see what you can do to make it a little better... call it a "super T" or something. I don't mean a simple stretch, a stertched bucket is available now.

Just my 2 cents -- your project!
Old 02-06-2007, 10:05 AM
boatbob2

Wiki Edits: 0

T-Bucket Body

Hi,when i made the mold for my T bucket Body,i made a frame out of 2x4 lumber,(to simulate the chassis dimensions)and set the engine and transmission,and radiator, where they would be in the finished body.then i put a piece of 1/2 in plywood where the firewall would be.(cut to shape) and a second piece of 1/2 in ply cut 1 in smaller,fastened to front of firewall wood. (flange for hood) and another piece of 1/2 in plywood where the back of the body would be.(fastened on angle and curved. (slight curve) i made the body 4 in. longer that a T-Body (extra room) then i put in 3 bulkheads between firewall and rear of body( all 5 pieces cut to the curve of the body as it goes towards the bottom , i put pieces of 2X4 between bulkheads. then i used 1/8 in plywood to form the sides of the body.fastened with small countersunk nails and puttied smooth. where the curves at front top were i had a set of windshield posts that i used to get front curve.rear curves were made using pieces of 1/2 in ply,to form curve.then screen wire to form curves,then body putty, also curved piece completely around body (top).for the door outline i cut pieces of 1/2 in pvc for the straight sections (down and across bottom) and formed curves from body putty.i also made dash out of 1/2 in ply (and installed into wood buck) and put 3 in. pieces of ply,around top and bottom as flanges.i sanded all wood,and primed with epoxy primer (4 coats) sanded primer smooth and painted with epoxy paint. then sprayed all body with 3 good coats of PVA (poly vinyl alcohol) (release agent) then sprayed 2 coats of gel coat. then i took 2 pieces of ply and put 1 piece on center of firewall(running up and down) (as flanges)and another piece on rear of body(fastened with body putty) then i laid 1/2 of the body,up,using 3 layers of 1 1/2 oz mat,rolled out very good,then 2 layers of roving (or bi-ply) do 1 side very good, and roll out all bubbles especially at curves and front corners,and run mat and rovings up onto the center dividing piece of plywood (after you put 3 coats of pva on ply with a brush) after the first side sets up good,remove fore and aft plywood,then put pva onto glass( where the ply was removed)this will form the flange (2 part mold) then lay uf the second side of part.at this time ,you can use urethane foam cut into 2x2 in pieces(with top sides rounded off,and glass to mold with mat.(really not necessary) but thats what i did, after everything sets up good (next day. drill about 6 holes1/2 in diameter to bolt both halves of mold together. (dont bolt now) just drill holes. remove body from wood buck,clean up mold spray with 3 good coats of pve ,gel coat and lay up the body and dash. dont use clay,its tough to get correct. i hope this helps.ive made a bunch of different molds using this process. good luck,and start a journal and show everyone all the steps....im boatbob2@earthlink.net

Last edited by boatbob2; 02-06-2007 at 10:20 AM. Reason: more info
Old 02-06-2007, 10:14 AM
World Class ASE tech

Last photo:

I am building a bucket now. I had it streched 8" and widened 6". Should be just about right for two tall people to ride. Think about seats. A peice of plywood with foam on it is not very comfortable at all. With a bigger body I can get 2 very nice bucket seats in there.

Rodnrace has a good web site with demensions.

http://rodnrace.com/23t-alter.htm
Old 02-07-2007, 08:02 AM

I didn't know they were not comfortable, now I learned about this streched idea... sounds great, now I have the rough dimensions, this is what I need, don't have to precise, not building a replica here, I want the look but as close as possible, I'm gona make it a pick up, what year is the most beautifull of them? or are all about the same, I don't know much about T's but really love them, see, my Grandfather was the first guy who brought a car to my hometow Loja, Ecuador circa 1926 and I know it was a ford, musta been a model T, unfortunatelly all pics are gone and only word of mouth has come to me, this is why it's such a special project for me. My grandpa was a car pioneer here, he was the first ford and chevy dealer in town, and the only one for 40 years, the vehicle came disassembled and chopped, there were no roads for vehicles back in 1926, just paths for mules, and the car came in 40 or so mules crossing 450 km of the andes mountains from the sea port of Guayaquil to Loja at 6.600 feet above sea level, it took almost a year to assemble back the pieces, they cut the frame and there were no welders in town to weld it back, big problem uhh.
Augusto.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Here is a link to pics of Model T's. Click on Ford and then the year. Model T's were built for very many years in various body styles with the last model year being 1927.

http://www.carnut.com/photo/list/flist.html
Old 02-07-2007, 10:34 AM
World Class ASE tech

Last photo:

Here is a link to the model t club. lots of pictures and specs.

http://www.modelt.org/
Old 02-07-2007, 01:31 PM

wow!!! lots and lots of pictures, thanks a lot amigo, now I wish a had a wideband connection to download them all, it's gona take hours, I want to see them all not just the t's but all makes, great page this carnut.com.
Saludos to everyone and if you guys get any idea I'll apreciate it.
Augusto.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.