Hot Rod Forum banner

t bucket brakes spindle hubs

9K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  cronesracing 
#1 ·
Here is the question, T bucket front brakes? I have these spindel casting numbers, the right has 632783 with 593 below it, the left has 632783 with 993 below it. The Hubs are casting number 05787 with 21 in another location.
The hubs have five regular wheel stud holes and five smaller holes in them.
The distance between the top 3/8 bolts on the spindle is 3 1/2 inces the lower two bolts have a distance of 2 1/4 inch between then and look to take a 7/16 bolt. I was told it is a 23 to 27 truck axle but don't know for sure. The spindles and hubs are new with no rust on them. The axle is old and rusty.
I need to put front breaks on this thing and am trying to find out what will fit it with out the expense of of buying a complete new front end and rebuilding it. My budget is very limited on this project.
Thank You,
Jeff

#7 ·
front end

well i've got a few answers.. model A ford, 8N ford tractor, and early dodge/plymount. but in any case that front end u have has enough rust on it to be replaced. i had a friend that used a modelA and it broke in half do 30mph. and it looked in really good shape.. u may not want your pocket book tell u something thats not safe... i can't imagine what would happen do'n 50mph... not good...

#8 ·
Thank You

I think they are international spindels possibly the whole axle, but have no way of knowing. So I have changed plans a bit now after aquiring a new frame, body, top and window post, stearing box etc. I was told it is a total preformance frame whether it is or not I wouldn't know, but here is wat I have in mind. I am going to dismantle the rat rod and buy a new stearing kit for arround a grand to put on the front. I am stuck using the rearend that I now have it has 3/4 heims 7 and 1/4 inches apart at the rear axel mounting holes. I figure I can make the four bar to fit using misalignment bushings to reduce down to the 5/8 needed to mount to the four bar mounting? I am going to get the sbf engine mount cross member and make it a bolt in, so I can change it if I want later, but right now I got a good running sbf and hate to wast it. What do you think? I am including some photos in this post of both cars. Thank you for your input.

Attachments

#10 ·
delawarebill said:
ck to see if it has a vin number. believe it should be on the dirvers side about 2' back from the front of frame.. if it starts with a "TP" then it is a total frame. bill
Most of the tp frames dont have a vin stamped into them unless it was purchased as a complete car from them

#11 ·
this is far from a complete frame. no front radius rod brackets, the 4 bar are just tacked in place and i know the guy i got it from put the perch on because he said to run 4 inch drop he put it on at 15 degrees. and added watts link brackets and bolt on rear shock mounts which i am not sure what to do with yet because they are like front bolt ons.
thank you,
jeff

#12 ·
rear shock mounts awatts link

Hear is a photo of the rear shock mounts and watts link that were added. I purchased the motor mount cross member and mounts to day for the frame. Going with a bolt in sbf so if I wish I can change later to sbc but probably won't. if anything will probably get a sbf crate motor from speedway later on in place of the one I have.

Attachments

#15 ·
Progress of the 23T

Well just thought I would put some photos of where this project is at this point. Engine is done waiting on the car. I have realy been pushing lately, but two steps forward and one back almost every time I fit the parts. ended up building the shock and headlight mounts to suit my needs. Took 30-35 days off and on to get them completed and tacked together. Still need finnishing touches, but they are on the car. Fitting the front steering now. The arms that I had were not dropped so Got new stainless ones on the way. Any way here is a link to the engine on the dyno. Turned 593hp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcTdfG7ZkX4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D2uH8vMVgg

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.