Hot Rod Forum banner

T-bucket frame help

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Arrowhead 
#1 ·
Hi

My sons and I are putting together a 23 t. we found CCR frame on ebay and we have been hitting all the swap meet for parts. CCR frames have the mount for the radius rods in the middle of the frame, the front pair are over 50" inches long and the rear are over 40". The cost for the four radius rods is over $500 bucks plain.
Total performace runs 4 36" inch radius, for a balanced effect and a better ride according to Micky
Mas racing says to run 27" inch in the front and 36 in the rear, which makes the front stiffer for a better ride. Damm I need a beer. :confused:
We have not come across a set of CCR radius rods used but we did score a set of 36" and are ready to weld.
What do you guys think does it make that much of a difference. Thanks for all you help Ben and Nicky and Nate

#2 ·
Speedway will get you the raidius rods you need for a lot cheaper than CCR. I'd suspect that the longer raidius rods will have better ride, as putting them farther back or forward ( in the rear ) will position the suspension center, in the center of the car. The 4 36" rods sounds likely best because everything is balanced equally, putting the centerline of the suspension, compleatly within the center of the car.

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys

I check with speedways for good prices, CCR says that there reasoning is the father back the hair pins mount the better the ride on a t-bucket. Total performace matched 36" sounds like the best all a round. Ill try to get some photos of the project soon. Thanks again Time for Football Later Benton

#5 ·
Every ridden in a stiff lifted 4x4 truck? Now that's a horrible ride. The key to a good ride is springs in the seat. It's amazing how much that helps. :)

It's more a matter of spring rate and suspension travel than the weight of the car. If you want a T tall with lots of travel, then you can go with softer springs. Mine is pretty low, so I can't afford a lot of travel anyway, or I'll bottom out. I don't think the length of the radius rods are going to amount to a hill beans worth of difference in ride quality, not when you talking 4" or so of total travel.

If you want to get real creative, go with air bags!

Good luck with your project and start a journal :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.