Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - T-Bucket Seats
Thread: T-Bucket Seats
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:00 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

I sure wouldn't get too fancy with a T-bucket seat. There just isn't room to get a console and fancy seats in there. A good reasonably firm base foam along with a less firm top version is all you will need. If you are fairly tall and/or hefty, your leg room and how you can use the pedals will determine how long you can drive yours without a break. As mentioned above, the small gas tank will also have some bearing as very few can carry more then 10 gallons before you need another fill up and break. And before you say it, yes, I owned and drove a T-bucket for over 10 years.

That full length console - I think you had better sit in the car with mocked up upholstery and a temporary seat out of plywood. You might just find that you no longer fit and are still able to readily reach the pedals. I have a somewhat larger car, a Model A roadster, it originally had some beautifully done Glide Engineering seats - but I had trouble getting in and out then even handling the car, even with a tilt wheel. I now have some upholstered bomber style seats, a several hundred dollar 'aw s@#t. I'm still tight in there, but now can easily drive the car - and absolutely no room for a full length, between-the-seats console. If Randy (New Interiors) were to put up his photo of two guys stuffed in that 'bucket, you will see what I mean.