Old 02-27-2013, 04:26 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATECH View Post
After re reading through your threads, I realize
1 you have a 86 Tuned port SBC
2 you should have a 16198259 ECM to run it
3 I did not see a Mass Air Flow sensor on the engine or in the airstream.
4 It has become obvious that you could also have god knows what for a wiring harness this could be 1 of 2 of your biggest problems.
I have seen you post several times and realize your head must be spinning.
Do you have any part of the harness that isnt plugged into a sensor or the computer.
Didnt you also say the ECM has 3 plugs and the harness has only 2?
Hmmmmmmm.

Agreed. I have to admit that I missed the lack of MAF in the pics, but I'm in agreement that there is a mismatch of parts. OP put in an earlier thread that he has a 9th (cold start) injector and it is hooked up, but there wasn't any MAP systems that utilized the 9th injector.
As I mentioned in another of the OP's threads, getting some O2 datalogging info would be very beneficial as to why his engine runs poorly when cold. Also performing a pinout of his harness and comparing it to to stock pinouts should illuminate whether his harness has been modified.

Hopefully the shop that the car is going to be taken to is capable of doing these things. If so, then I'm sure the problem will be resolved.

Regarding, the 'obnoxious' comment, I don't know if I'd say obnoxious, but I would say close minded and I believe it is relatively egotistical to assume that everyone else wants what you want - to each his own
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 64nailhead For This Useful Post:
chphlds (02-28-2013), LATECH (02-27-2013)