Hot Rod Forum banner

T400 Aftermarket OD?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  prostreet6t9 
#1 ·
So I have a decent T400 behind a 425hp Chev small block and a guy I know told me Saturn or Atlas makes an aftermarket OD unit that is a bolt on, thus saving me from having to build a 700R4 tough enough to replace my T400. I can't find an aftermarket OD for the T400, does anyone know if such a OD unit exists, or is this guy hallucinating?? Thanks for any feedback..... :evil:

#4 ·
Saturn and Atlas overdrive are old names. I wonder if they still are around building new units?

Saturn were used on transfer cases.

Gear vendors are good units. I built a t-400 with GV unit for salt flat racing. The car ran 309mph

#5 ·
T400 Od

Thanks for the feedback you guys. I've been thinking that I could go with a built 700R4, but wanted to check all my options, so Gear Vendors was a good website for me. It looks like a solid unit, and I'd love to keep my T400, but the price tag is a lot higher than a Raptor Level 3 kit for an R4, and the Raptor kit should hold my motor OK. Not crazy about the lower gear ratios in the R4, but I'll be doing more cruisin' than foot-stompin' (I'm getting old). Thanks again for helping me out!!

#6 ·
Those Raptors are a little pricey for what's actually inside them. I'd do more shopping.

A 2004R is another option, uses same mount location as the 400, better gear ratios & gear spread. I have quite a few links if your interested or do a search for other 2004R Threads.

A used GearVendor would save $$, they're tough= hard to damage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.