Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - T56 2nd gear, not in this world....
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 04:02 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

T56 2nd gear, not in this world....

Hi to all. I m experiencing some kind of nightmare here for quite some time. I bought a `94 F body T56 6 speed trans to put behind a 454 on a 71 Ponttiac LeMans. First trip around the block was enough to discover that the trans wasn`t in good shape: you had to be Godzilla to shift from 2nd to 3rd and if you happen to make it the shifter inmediately went back to neutral. So, took the trans off the car and dismantled it. All syncros, fork pads and so on where junk and the 2nd gear had (please excuse my poor description, I don`t know the name of those teeth) only 10 out of 32 teeth. Not the gear teeth, the locking theet. The 3rd gear was just fine. The split problem was due to worn out fork pads. Now here comes the big problem: no one seems to have a 41 teeth 2nd gear for a F body T56!!! And I mean not even Tremec. I have checked with every single store I could find on line and the answer is always the same. Do anybody here know where can I find one? Please?