Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - t56/tr6060 questions
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:27 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

There are a few obstacles; I think some guys on the Team Chevelle boards and NastyZ28 have ventured into this territory.
If it had a fixed yoke, that is going to be an issue; also the camaro factory driveshaft has a dampener of sorts on it as well.

The TR6060 uses a short bell (called a clutch housing or clutch cover) which is removeable (there is a plate that is at the front of the transmission, this houses the pump and acts as the front bearing support). I'd bet that getting the proper amount of pilot standout is going to take some doing. Its certainly NOT impossible; but it may be more work than you're willing to tackle.

Also note that this trans uses a VSS and not a mechanical speedo. Lastly, depending on what you're putting it in, the shifter may or may not be where you want it (there are remote shifter mounts etc to cure this)

Lastly, this is a portly girl to be hoisting over your head, and it WILL require tunnel surgery in almost any car made before probably 2000; anyones guess on how much surgery though. Now you'll probably have to modify the crossmember, and then you'll have the concentric slave cylinder thats bolted to the front cover for your hydraulic clutch that is used. You should probably get a junkyard 2010 camaro pedal assembly to match the stroke.

Yes its possible, its been done before; but its not for someone without fab skills and patience. There may be kits to install this in your chassis that simplify it, but you'll have to do your homework 1st. Its a spendy transmission; a synchro ring kit is over half a grand and the 7 tapered bearing sets will run you probably $200 alone. Its worth a bunch and there are guys that would love to have it. If you decide you want to resell it or trade it for a different trans, I'd be glad to give you some shops who take cores (I don't).

You're probably better off finding an early T56 with the external slave cylinder. However, avoid the (rare) 3.36:1 1st gear used in some F cars. I had to find a 1st gear for one for a guy on the HR.com forums and it took a long list of contacts to track one down for the guy. 2.66 is a fine 1st gear; use 3.73s. 2.97 is more common; I'd use a 3.42 or 3.55:1 rear gear