Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - t56/tr6060 questions
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 06:44 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

lol funny you should mention

i have found a t56 out of a camaro... last gear is a 0.5... 60K on it.. comes with a clutch and fly wheel (the clutch has ok at best reviews on the net).. will prob not even use it keep it as a spare... heres my question now... this t56 came off of a camaro with a lt1... from what i hear its that this will bolt right up to the back of my gen 1 SBC....i know i will need a fly wheel, pedal assembly , shorten my driveshaft and slave cylinder... but what else would i need?
my car is a street strip car with no center console so im not worried about taking a cut off wheel to it....

is it possible to mod the current cross memeber for my th350??? what clutch would i use>? one ment to go in the LT1? i am def in need of info here... opinions are welcome....

also ive never installed a trans mission before but here on ft bragg we have a auto skills center where ase retired mechanics work.... they wont do the work but they "coach" you on what to do.. ive build engines and chassis and alot of other stuff before... i feel confident that i could do it with some one helping... but i am naturally nervous about getting into this.... what else am i missing>?