Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - tailpipes or not?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2004, 02:23 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

tailpipes or not?

i have a s10 with a warmed up 283 small block and im in the process of redoing my exhaust. i currently have true dual 2 1/4" and i just bought a pair of 2 1/2" dynomax bullets to replace my old mufflers. the 2 ppes run side by side all the way down the passenger side of the vehicle and the mufflers will be going on a little bit in front of the rear axle. i now have to ideas after i install the mufflers. 1: use no tailpipes and just weld on some turndown tips onto the outlets of the mufflers. im thinking im going to go with this one since it will mean that i wont have to bend the tailpips up over the axle and then bend the left one over so they both come out the roll pan. as far as i know less bends means less restriction and more power, especially since its hard to find someone around here that uses mandrel bent pipes. 2:use tailpipes bent in the way that i just described with some chrome tips coming out the rollpan. if i do go this route im thinking of using a little bigger 2 1/2" pipes for the deeper/louder sound. so what would you guys recommend? what will be the sound differences in these two options??? which one will produce more power/performance??? thanks alot