Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Transmission - Rearend (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/transmission-rearend/)
-   -   Which tailshaft needed for Turbo 400 to VY IRS (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/tailshaft-needed-turbo-400-vy-irs-222035.html)

the creeper 07-23-2012 01:32 AM

Which tailshaft needed for Turbo 400 to VY IRS
 
what tailshaft would i use to hook up a t400 to vy commodore independant rear suspention;its for a WB 1 tonner:confused:

Arancio400 07-23-2012 07:30 AM

creeper, you do realise this forum is based in USA? Most on here wont know what a vy, or wb or commodore is for that matter!!
Have you been on aussiev8?
Are you going to run a vy independant diff in a 1 tonner?
Cheers
Karl

mmerlinn 07-23-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the creeper (Post 1576280)
what tailshaft would i use to hook up a t400 to vy commodore independant rear suspention;its for a WB 1 tonner:confused:

The length of the tailshaft is going to depend on the length of the tail housing or the adapter housing that you are using. What is the length of the housing you want to use with the tailshaft?

the creeper 07-23-2012 10:04 PM

I do relise thaty karl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arancio400 (Post 1576327)
creeper, you do realise this forum is based in USA? Most on here wont know what a vy, or wb or commodore is for that matter!!
Have you been on aussiev8?
Are you going to run a vy independant diff in a 1 tonner?
Cheers
Karl

No mate ill try Aussie v8 but i knew id get someone like you to help mate.Yes im going to give it a go .:eek:do you think ill have many problems?

the creeper 07-23-2012 10:16 PM

Lengths
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmerlinn (Post 1576381)
The length of the tailshaft is going to depend on the length of the tail housing or the adapter housing that you are using. What is the length of the housing you want to use with the tailshaft?

wow ive got some homework to do .:embarrass

Arancio400 07-24-2012 06:11 AM

I guess it depends if its going to be road reg? They use to do jag irs into vans and stuff back in the day so I cant see it being impossible but would be pretty hard to get rego I would of thought.
I havent heard of any that have been done but if they can do 4 link setups and get them passed(not in wa) then I guess your in with a chance!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.