Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The tale of the another 350 chevy
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 02:13 PM

Last journal entry: Just starting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The tale of the another 350 chevy

Hey all,

Here is my dillema: Some of you may know of the starter issues id been having with my 350 chevy. Well i replaced the starter not too long ago with one from a local junkyard, and finally got that to work. The only thing that I have changed on that motor was some of the underhood wiring, because it was hooked up incorrectly (alternator wires were hooked to some kind of connector). Anyways, I hadn't started it before, just turned it over, because my uncle had his old cutlass behind me and i didnt want to blow dust everywhere. Well today I started it, and as soon as it started, it began making this whinning noise. Before i put this new starter in the engine sounded good and healthy. And from my knowledge rewiring something wouldn't cause the noise im hearing. So basically I wanted some opinions as to what it is. I was thinking maybe the bendix is bad on the starter causing it to stick to the flywheel? I couldnt get it to run long enough to locate where the sound was coming from. Thanks all.