Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   Talk about a frivilous right-to-lifer! (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/talk-about-frivilous-right-lifer-74511.html)

PrimeMover 11-21-2005 08:37 PM

Talk about a frivilous right-to-lifer!

OK, I've heard EVERYTHING now..
I was listening to the radio while driving to work today and I heard a good one.There's this pregnant Gal, just where I forget, who gets a ticket while driving in the Car Pool Lane. She's fighting the ticket and is suing the County or State, or something, because her fetus was in the car with her when this all went down. She claims her fetus is being unjustly discriminated against.
Is it just me, or am I not the only one who figured Car-Pool Lanes were invented to ease congestion by rewarding those who chose to leave one car at home?

Fetus Shmeetus... Sheesh! :rolleyes:

1982 SS 11-21-2005 08:48 PM

I have known people who have had attitudes like that... Real annoying to be around. Quite frankly, I think it's almost a lost cause for the person who is responsible for deciding for or against this certain situation. There will be people on both sides saying why or why it's was a bad call. I see enough people in the carpool lanes with only one person in the car, especially during heavy traffic. I would rather see that lane as another open lane of traffic. oh well, some of the free thinkers just think too much for our own good.

Ghetto Jet 11-21-2005 08:51 PM

They should put that dumb * on a guillotine for starting such a frivolous lawsuit.

1982 SS 11-21-2005 08:58 PM

I agree. Some people are just annoyingly stupid.

PrimeMover 11-21-2005 09:34 PM

That's true. I can't help but wonder about someone so willing to press the stupid button on such a sensitive, hotly contested issue. Seems to me it's either simply a publicity stunt or, she's just looking for a little attention not caring how she gets it..
On the flip side, If she's actually serious on trying to overturn Roe v Wade, I'd say she's Roeing here canoe up a creek without a paddle while Wadeing in it up to her neck.

If her mouthpiece took this thing on a contingency, he should be dis-barred or is that, dis-boweled. :D

projectjohn 11-21-2005 09:46 PM

Just think she has reproduced. Hope it's not genetic. ;)

John

dinger 11-22-2005 06:16 AM

With many of the females, it is called "Getting in the last word". :pain: Right, wrong or just indifferent, they have to get in the last word or they lose. And they wonder why men have preferential hearing.....

Hippie 11-22-2005 06:22 AM

As long as the fetus has a valid driver's license she has every right to drive in the Car Pool lane.

lowROLLERchevy 11-22-2005 06:36 AM

66 Attachment(s)
a fetus, as far as the law is concerned, is not a human being till its born

if she was asked who the other person in the vehical was, giving both name and social security number (for verification of course :) ) she wouldnt be able to give a full answer

which is why she didnt belong in the carpool lane .... because the vehical was occupied by only one SSN

coldknock 11-22-2005 07:25 AM

I'm afraid that the dingbat in question is a resident of Atlanta. One more reason for me to avoid the place like the plague.

Larry

fitzwell 11-22-2005 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hippie
As long as the fetus has a valid driver's license she has every right to drive in the Car Pool lane.

i'm sure the mother has filed a discrimination suit for the fetus, maintaining that just because said fetus cannot operate the motor vehicle is no reason to be denied a drivers license.
Shakespere was right....................

BTW...another scoop of chlorene for the gene pool please :D

WildBill 11-22-2005 09:59 AM

A Solution

Okay. Let's follow this to it's logical end. She needs two seats at the movies, pays double at a salad bar, and buys two tickets for a bus or airplane flight.

They ought to accept her dumb-*** argument and then fine her for not having her passanger in its seat belt.

I am four-square against government intervention in just about everything but people like her make me think that we need breeding licenses.

machine shop tom 11-22-2005 10:10 AM

This just in........

The same lady's husband (Hugh Jass) is suing the highway department because the bathrooms in the rest stops on the highways cannot accomondate his overly ample ***!

tom :)

Hippie 11-22-2005 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildBill
They ought to accept her dumb-*** argument and then fine her for not having her passanger in its seat belt.

Nope, "child endangerment" for not having it in a car seat..............

PrimeMover 11-24-2005 12:56 PM

[QUOTE=WildBill]Okay. Let's follow this to it's logical end. She needs two seats at the movies, pays double at a salad bar, and buys two tickets for a bus or airplane flight.
QUOTE]

Bill - that's about as logical as it gets, you must be Vulcan! I hereby deputize you as County Prosecutor. :D