Hot Rod Forum banner

Tank

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  roys63 
#1 ·
Anyone know of a junkyard gas tank that will work in a '48 ford
cdan? Don't really want to pay $250 for a new one.
Thanks for any help.

#5 ·
Stay away from plastic gas tanks!!

They should restrict the sale of those things for racing application only, if they are even suited for that. They collapse in on themselves when you run them near dry. I am changing over to the aluminum tanks as money allows.

Todd

Rat Rods Rule!

#6 ·
tanks

a few guys down under are using the mazda 626 tank it mounts behind the rear seat if space allows you would haveto relocate the filler and thats no bigee they also use a local tank from a gemini (mini GM product)again it mounts behind the seat

Some small jap trucks have great fuel tanks they are rectangle
in shape and the straps are great i suposse you want a oval one for underneath

#8 ·
Re: Stay away from plastic gas tanks!!

tm454 said:
They should restrict the sale of those things for racing application only, if they are even suited for that. They collapse in on themselves when you run them near dry. I am changing over to the aluminum tanks as money allows.

Most new autos trucks and cars use the plastic tanks!I have one thats been in the car for 6 years , Sounds like the tanks you have seen collapse have no vent ,all tanks must be vented one way or another!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.