Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - tansgo=nogo
Thread: tansgo=nogo
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 09:57 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

tansgo=nogo

I dont post often,but i do read and search like a madman!
Heres whats goin on.
I just installed a transgo 400pro full manual in my th400. Followed the intstructions to the letter.
I have reverse,and I have first,but when I shift up from 1 ,it seems to freewheel until I stab throttle and then it grabs first,then when I let out it seems to freewheel again(happens in second or third shifter position also).If I downshift back to first it has engine braking and goes in first like it "was" in second.
I have checked both modulators ive tried,and all associated vacuum lines,govorner is good(even though I shouldnt need it without auto shift).
I have adjusted shifter,and made sure the "rooster comb" is correct.
I have pulled the valve body 4 times and made sure I followed every step correctly.Gaskets are in correct positions,as well as checkballs
kickdown is not pluged in.
Fluid is good.No crap in pan.
I did go from a deep pan to a shallow pan.
It worked great before this.Im stumped and agrivated to say the least,any help is appreciated.

Need to add one detail...When I dropped the valve body the front servo dropped before I could see what order the parts go back in. I put the clip in the grove above the piston and below the spring cup ,this is the only order that made any sense.

Last edited by gunsaler111; 10-12-2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: more info