Tattoos - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2003, 12:30 AM
Blue Oval Finatic

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Tattoos

This idea keeps floating around in my head about getting a tattoo lol.My woman and I were talking about getting one after high school graduation as a little reminder on down the road.I can't figure out what I want though .I don't want it to be something that I regret getting when I'm 50..I know that much lol.Anyway..I kinda like the tattoo that Slash,(ex-Guns-N-Roses Guitarist),has on his right arm.I'll paste the link below.Except if I get it,where it says "Slash",I'll have "Nightrain" put there.

I wanna hear some of ya'll's ideas on tattoos.Anything about 'em!!Let's have some fun !!

Slash's Tattoo

Jacob

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2003, 03:42 AM
Returning American Maddman

Last photo:

I have one, and my thought is..
DON"T DO IT!!!
Old 08-04-2003, 04:16 AM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:

My upper body (chest, sides and back) and arms are fully tattooed. I love them.

Here is the thing though. Tattoos are a very personal thing. You either like them or you don't. If you are getting one (or more) because you want to 'look cool' or to impress someone or because your buddy has one; forget it. If you go without a shirt in the summer, plan on the tattoo to fade very quickly ruining it's appearance.

Tattoos also invoke a 'stigma' by most of the public that you will not like if you are easily offended by others negative comments. Tattooing has been around since man first discovered how to 'mark' their skin. They have gained some acceptance in recent times and are popular now. Remember though; tattoos are forever!!!

Last edited by Frisco; 08-04-2003 at 05:29 AM.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:30 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Nightrain...wait for a couple of years after you graduate. A tat is a personal thing and I know many who has them. I also know many who has them that are getting them removed also. That in itself equals money x 2 wasted. Just my opinion.

Kevin
Old 08-04-2003, 04:32 AM
Fantastically cannibalistic!

Last photo:

Frisco's 100% right. Take your time, make sure the ink describes you and means something to you and just doesn't look cool. Don't get one because everyone has one and it will be cool to have, you will for sure regret it down the road. Don't get something now that won't describe you 20 years from now. Don't get any ink on the spurr of the moment because you like it then, pick it out or get it drawn up and keep it around for a few weeks, if everyday you wake up you and you feel the same way with no second thoughts, then get it. Never get a tattoo in a place you can't cover up exspecially your first one. Yes it will fade, good ink will stay a bit darker and sharper, but it all will fade. I personally have drawn many tattos for bros. I have drawn three for one person to complete a arm sleave and he still has a arm left to go. Don't get any names on your skin except your own, don't take her with you if your an easily persuaded person and always pick the cleanest shop with the best rep. for good work, not the cheapest. Don't get drunk or drugged up before you go and think again about that tattoo you posted a link to, looks like my cat drew it.

HK
Old 08-04-2003, 12:50 PM

Last photo:

i love my tatoos. ive got many on my upper body and i personally beleive they describe me very well. ive got art on my back covering the upper 3/4 of my back. ive also got a tatoo on my right leg and soon another on my left. ive had the one on my back for a while and have had no regrets. whats really cool is to see peoples face when you take off your shirt. ive had some people comeout and tell me that they thought i was a good man untill i took off my shirt. its comments like those that could easily get on someones nerves but i look over it, it all boils down to one thing.its my body and if you dont like tatoos dont get one. if you do want a tatoo just make sure you get something you like. and make sure the artist is capable of doing what you want. if you go big like myself and get alot of ink, be prepared for the shallow minded to judge you. one more thing-be totally sober when you get the work done, some drugs hurt your bloods ability to clot causing the skin to bleed out the ink.{it also means your a puss
Old 08-04-2003, 01:13 PM
Guy with the small engine

Last photo:

question; of the older guys with tattoo's, how long have you had 'em and do you still like 'em?

i've been thinking about one for a few years now, i'm hispanic in heredity and am thinking about this on my left shoulder with my family name below in gothic text.

what do you think?

sorry to break it to you, jacob, but i agree with HK, your tat idea looks like ***.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:15 PM

Last journal entry: 52 truck
Last photo:

Ive got 5 and no regrets here. But I would wait a while unless you have the money later to remove them. hg

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=2415[/url]

Hemmies rat journal below.

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?s=f6d0e9c7fec644bb0a70761c0431939b&journalid=84231&action=view[/url]
Old 08-04-2003, 02:08 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

Cool did you say slash?

i'm not saying don't get tatted, but dont get gnr anything tattooed on your skin.... its PERMANENT you know.....
and i have six.....if i had to do it again, i'd have spent more money and got more ink.....
<------- i think i'd like that on my shoulder ........check out the full sized one in my album....
ricerx, is that a familia crest?
Old 08-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

tattoo's

I rode with a lot of guys who inked their skin and a lot that didn't?? I once thought it was a biker or x-con thing but now a days everyone, even my daughter want's skin art. My daughter got a bumble bee on her hip?? She says its her?? I never got into tats. I still remember the cops looking for some guy and describing his tats as identification! To each his/her own I guess!!

Todd

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 08-04-2003, 03:17 PM
Guy with the small engine

Last photo:

Re: did you say slash?

Quote:
Originally posted by crazy larry
ricerx, is that a familia crest?
nope, crest of the spanish republic. it's the spanish flag
Old 08-04-2003, 03:23 PM
Fantastically cannibalistic!

Last photo:

TM, nothing like a beautiful woman with beautiful art, at least thats how I see it.

ricer, I've had one all my life, even though I had no choice I've never even though about getting it removed once, in fact I get it touched up every now and then. The second longest is on my back and I've had it for 4-6 years, not too sure lost a year here and there. Its probably the largest one I'll ever get at one time, but time will tell how many more I'll get. the one on my back describes me best and its just two words.

If you plan to get yellow on your skin make sure its high quality ink and you keep it somewhat coverd or it will fade out depending on your skintone. Hispanic shouldn't have to much trouble, but it will have to be went back over a few times due to your skintone. Try something different than gothic lettering, thats just tacky anymore. Its been done to life. Find a good ink slinger and get him to throw down on your epidermis!

HK
Old 08-04-2003, 03:54 PM
Blue Oval Finatic

Last photo:

The tat that I posted the link to was just an idea.I don't know what I want..I don't even know if I'll get one.I just wanted to get some of ya'll's opinions on them.Morgan wants a butterfly or a rose.She's wanting her's on her backside wasteline.If I get one,I'll want it on my left shoulder blade or my left arm.I don't usually go shirtless,unless I change between now and whenever I get one.I've got some time to think about what I want.Slash's tattoo was just the first that popped in my head that I thought was cool.

Jacob
Old 08-04-2003, 04:14 PM
E.T. divided by $ spent= Speed

Last photo:

No ink here.I thought about it befor when I was 18 or so but decided I would only be running with the pack.I'm glad I didn't cause I Would have something totaly stupid on my upper arm like....well at 18 me and the boys were gonna get the band name on our arms.That was 6 bands ago LOL.Yes and we also loved Lynard Skynard too.Picture that.
I also don't think big tatoos look good on women.Maybe a small one,but I don't evan really like that.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:19 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

I like this one........

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.