Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - tbi 4.3 issues,
Thread: tbi 4.3 issues,
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 02:18 PM
likes chevy trucks & boobies

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

oh well this one and that astro van were MUCH worse, no power to even get going and lucjy to get to 25mph and 70 was way far out of the question haha

so theres an adapter tool so you can check pressure on tbi hmm interesting i need to check that out, need one of them super badly.. like years ago badly..

well dropped the tank real quick since we needed to fix the float arm that fell off the sender anyways and well the new short length of soft hose they give you with the new tbi pumps to connect the pump to the outlet line was split wide open

no wonder..

he should have used a real actual reinforced fuel hose length instead of the garbage they give you with the pump

it great now runs like brand new tons of power like my 91 s10 4.3 has

all it needs now is new intake gaskets it starting to burn water and green color down the front corner of the block driver side.

so we will be doing that soon for the guy im sure,.

i always use a real fuel hose instead of what they give you.

we picked up an 89 cherokee very recently with EFI 4.0 and it was not getting fuel very good either, dying and popping back through the TB unit when trying to rev it up) so we assumed bad fuel pump.
yanked the sender unit out and immediately noticed that the hose they put on the sender unit and pump said specifially "not for fuel use"

it had a hole in it.

so wonder there also..

dumb ppl.. things that happen...

now it also runs like brand new.

thanks

Last edited by fast68; 09-01-2009 at 02:29 PM.