TCI IFS install - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2011, 10:55 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

TCI IFS install

Just installed an ifs for first time and am not certain if I have enough adjustment in t-bolts. Did everything according to instructions, measurements are right on,but t-bolts are at out side of slots and discs sit at 0 with no weight.also not clear on how sway bar installs,no paperwork.Any help or pictures would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2011, 02:48 PM

Last photo:

Sway bar mounting will depend on the vehicle application. The smaller bars(pretty much all the pre 60's cars) 3/4" & 7/8" mount behind the crossmember via two aluminum "pillow blocks". The large 1" & 1.125" bars used on the muscle car applications mount up front via saddle mounts.

Don't worry too much about the alignment slots at this time. The springs need to settle before the alignment can be done properly. Or atleast if you align it now you will be redoing it once the springs settle.

-J
Old 11-22-2011, 03:16 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

The TCI website has the instructions. You do have to dig in to find them as it is not a friendly site.

It does all fit - this is with different springs and better sway bar links, but is a TCI on a Model A:
Old 11-23-2011, 11:39 AM

55 ford p/u ifs concerns

Thanks for the info.New at this and the old straight axle on the shop floor has been looking pretty good lately.I'm waiting on wheels to set it on the floor get the cab set down,302 & c-4 in for some weight.I went with 2" drop TCI ifs and would like truck to sit close to level.Somebody suggested Ford ranger single leaf??? on a 9" Trying to keep the $$ down so not to freak the wife out over a re-mortgage.ha ha Have line on 9" disc rearend out of a lincoln 58 1/2" I think. Front measures 60 1/2". Can this work with offset wheels. I'll try to get some pics on when I can find a kid to show me around this machine.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow4dr
Sway bar mounting will depend on the vehicle application. The smaller bars(pretty much all the pre 60's cars) 3/4" & 7/8" mount behind the crossmember via two aluminum "pillow blocks". The large 1" & 1.125" bars used on the muscle car applications mount up front via saddle mounts.

Don't worry too much about the alignment slots at this time. The springs need to settle before the alignment can be done properly. Or atleast if you align it now you will be redoing it once the springs settle.

-J
Bought the TCI for 53-56 Ford P/U it's got pillow blocks that fit on the back.Just not to sure how not to get the cart before the horse.Put a-arms ,springs/shocks and spindles together,ended up denting shocks.I'm waiting for some 5 x41/2 wheels so I can get it back on the floor add some weight and see what happens then. Thanks for the input, Joe

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.