Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - TCI mustang II IFS caster adjustment
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 09:31 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

TCI mustang II IFS caster adjustment

Hello there, all.

I just purchased one of TCI's mustang II IFS front ends and have a couple of questions for those who know front ends.

I have mocked up the front end, installing the crossmember on the frame and tacking the upper spring mounts onto the frame, and am putting together the rest of the parts so I can mount the fenders to check that the wheels are centered in the wheel wells before welding everthing permanently.

I have figured out how to check camber and toe-in, but how do you adjust caster??

I know that the car has to be at ride height, but unless you "cant" the upper control arm in the slots, I don't see any other adjustment.

By cant, I mean to offset the arm so it is not parallel with the frame, but has more slot showing at the front or rear of the upper spring support.

There is no fore and aft adjustment that I can see, unless the arm is moved in this way.

Here is an exploded view of the front end:

http://www.totalcostinvolved.com/ins...m?ManualID=290

Any help with how and where the caster is adjusted, and how to measure it, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the arm on the upper control arm that bolts to the upper spring mount,(the arm with the two holes in it,) seems to have a lot of play in it between the two ends of the "yoke" part.

Will this go away after tightening the nuts on the ends??

Thanks for any help.

Rick