tci tranys - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2007, 08:46 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

tci tranys

I have a 2002 ws6 collectors trans-am i was driving the car as normal, then all of a sudden the car would not go, the trans temp went to 250 so i pull the car over and shut the car off mind u I'm in a 20 mph zone 3 blocks from my house.
I start the car after a half hour of cooling, the car does the same thing buy this time I get out check the trany fluid it smelled completely fried and metal shaving were on the dip stick so i get the car home in the garage up on jack stands. I just had a new trany from triple-edge performance put in the car with a brand new TCI stall converter 3500. I decide to drop the pan and inspect it.

Its full of nothing but metal shavings so I take it to the trany builder he says the converter is roached and caused it to take out the trany being its only been in the car for a couple months. I called TCI they say don't worry its under warranty we will handle everything.
I sent them the converter 6/25/2007 as my trany builder stated the converter was the cause of the damage because of a faulty needle bearing they say we will send u a new converter sent 6/28/07 and fax me what your bill was so I faxed jerry in warranty claims the bill for 1500 dollar covering the rebuild and cleaning of all the metal shaving that had to be removed from lines trany and such as well as new clutches and pump 6/29/2007
Then, today i get a letter from jerry in warranty claims saying he is not going to cover this bill or even help out with it in anyway way shape or form in turn I'm out $1500.00 bucks because I decided to purchase there junk that destroyed my car and killed my season for driving my car THANKS TCI !!!!!!!

As jerry stated in the letter your transmission is not covered under any tci warranty or service policy as it is not a tci product sending him a bill while its repaired buy the orig trany builder limits his options .!! = bull crap

I CALLED EVERY CONVERTER COMPANY ON LS1 TECH BUT ONE AND THEY WILL BACK UP THERE WARRANTY AND CLAIMS EVERY ONE OF THEM TOLD ME IF SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPENS THEY REPLACE EVERYTHING NO CHARGE WHATS WRONG HERE I SAY TCI NEEDS TO BE REMOVED FROM LS1TECH!!!!!!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2007, 09:18 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Sorry you're out $1500 but did you read their warranty? It reads in part:

"TCI's obligation under this warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of its products. .......... TCI Automotive will not be responsible for incidental or consequential damages, property damage or personal damages to the extent permitted by law."

That pretty much says everything.

I've used TCI street/strip trans for years and have never had a problem. Then again I don't run 3500 stall converters on the street either.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

I do not understand why you are here complaining and asking why TCI is not removed from LS1 tech?

What does this LS1 tech place have to say for your complaint?

TCI's warranty seems clear as Centerline posted.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:39 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

What about the tran's guy claim that the needle bearings in the converter destroyed the trans. That sounds unlikely to me.

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.