Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - TCI's rear leaf spring installation
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 12:02 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

TCI's rear leaf spring installation

I am installing TCI's rear leaf spring kit on my 49 chevy truck. I have run into a problem, and I hope someone here has run into this same problem. The instructions I recieved are pretty vague but I'm almost positive I have done it right so far. You have to drill out the rivits and strip the old spring mount off. Then you put the new one's from TCI on using the same holes. I have done this and they went right in on the original holes. The front mount doesn't have a shackle and just bolts in. My problem is the rear mount has a hanging shackle that should attach to the leaf spring, but the spring appears to be about 3" short? I verified that it is the correct spring, so the parts are correct and at least by the instructions I have correctly mounted the frame hardware. I think if I had the rear end on the springs they would fit because the weight would flatten out the springs, but that doesn't seem right. Anyone have any ideas?