tcp global paint - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2008, 08:29 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

tcp global paint

now that iv'e caused a FIRESTORM. go to the link & see jalopy journal. read the whole page you'll see hotrods as i knew them. from the late 40s on. you run what you brung, nice paint little paint, no paint. i lived in hawaii for 4 years & all the locals ran the sunday drags. they did'nt care how they looked as long as they could get the front wheels off the ground!!!!! thanks jim

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2008, 08:51 PM

Last photo:

Jim, I hear ya. There's a lot of fun in just building what you can with what you can scrounge. And a cheap paintjob or primer job makes upkeep not so important. Run the wheels of it and have fun. One of the fastest cars in this area never seen paint-but it was bad-*** just the same in grey primer.

Now consider the showcar, a completely different animal, a completely different level of investment. They are two totally different worlds but I respect the differences and the hours put into each. Paint requirements are also totally different and I think that's what you are hung up on.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:56 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by counntryboy
now that iv'e caused a FIRESTORM. go to the link & see jalopy journal. read the whole page you'll see hotrods as i knew them. from the late 40s on. you run what you brung, nice paint little paint, no paint. i lived in hawaii for 4 years & all the locals ran the sunday drags. they did'nt care how they looked as long as they could get the front wheels off the ground!!!!! thanks jim
Then get the hell out of the exterior forum. If you dont care, fine. But others, myself included, do. So do us a favour and talk your smack somewhere else.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Problem Child,Hard Case

Last journal entry: Strangest job I've ever done
Last photo:

You know what the really ironic part of your original post is,

People pay HUGE money for their "jalopy's" to LOOK OLD and BEAT UP.

Bob in his eloquent way said it best,2 totaly different worlds.
Just don't come into the Lions den,'dis us and NOT expect to get eaten alive,Jim. Daniel you ain't.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:12 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by counntryboy
... now that iv'e caused a FIRESTORM...
Not sure what you are alluding to here but you certainly have a right to build your car (or cars) any way you want. If you want to have it look like something you saw in your youth, great. If you want to have it look like something you saw in Street Rodder yesterday, great. Put it in primer...great. Spend $10K on paint...great. You'll find virtually every style and era of hot rods represented here on HR.Com.

And what will really get our attention is when you get out to your shop, do the work, and then post up the techniques and results from your labors. Sharing your efforts speaks volumes over dissing the skills and tastes of others. THAT is the essence of hot rodding. To each his own.

We like 'em all here. Except maybe for those who think they know better than everyone else.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.