Hot Rod Forum banner

Tech@BG - what's up with the huge E-holes in the Mighty Demons???

679 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  hotrodf1 
#1 ·
Hi Tech@BG and all,

I have been cruising the Innovate Motor forums for ideas and help with my LM-1 tuner.

Most opinions there are that the Mighty Demon has emulsion bleeds that are too large. Many are plugging the bottom two e-holes (below the PV channels) and putting set screws in the top 4 and drilling to .026" or .028" to size them down to the "holley" spec.

They say they get a better overall fuel curve (leaner at cruise), and less oscillation in the steady state cruising AFR, while keeping the WOT AFR in the good range.

So I guess my question is - why are the bleeds set up the way they are? I purchased the carb that matched my engine specs the closest so I thought the cal. would be closer to what is ideal.

There must be some explanation to all this.

BTW,

Anyone looking to really get a handle on your tune - check out the general tuning section on the innovate forum. I think you'll be surprised at what you can learn with a little datalogging and perseverence - and at the results you can get. - One guy is running a pretty stout 440, gets 17 MPG highway, and it turned out 367 RWHP I think, say 475 at the crank or so.

I only say this because it has opened my eyes to a more scientific method of tuning.

anyhow,
thanks for any info anyone can give. Much appreciated! :thumbup:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.