Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - tee's 68 firebird
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 11:07 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by techinspector1 View Post
Most of you guys start at the wrong end of the car. Determine what you want the car to do for you (street car/highway car/daily driver/once a week down to the Sonic to bullschitx with the boys/drag race/street and drag race/whatever), then start at the differential with the proper gears, posi (Auburn/Detroit), suspension (stock / multi-leaf / stock rebuilt with poly bushings / ladder bars / 4-link), then wheels and tires. Once you have the rear buttoned up, move toward the front and install subframe connectors. Then it's time to be thinkin' about a rollbar if the car will see any drag strip action. Then, finally on to the motor/trans/converter.

I know this is not what you wanted to hear and I'm bettin' we'll never hear from you again. Alas, I do what I can do for you guys.

I wish more of my customers understood their car is a SYSTEM. Usually I get 'well I put 40-grand in the motor, 10-grand in the paint, 5-grand in the interior and another 3500 into the suspension. Im hopelessly over budget and I have a peg leg rear with (insert race ring n pinion here) and my wife wont ride in it unless i can cruise at under 2200rpm. Ive got 1100 bucks, can you build me a trans?