Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - tee's 68 firebird
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGear View Post
I wish more of my customers understood their car is a SYSTEM. Usually I get 'well I put 40-grand in the motor, 10-grand in the paint, 5-grand in the interior and another 3500 into the suspension. Im hopelessly over budget and I have a peg leg rear with (insert race ring n pinion here) and my wife wont ride in it unless i can cruise at under 2200rpm. Ive got 1100 bucks, can you build me a trans?

I'm sorry, I was laughing when I read your post, I used to get the guy that would tell me....I've got $30K in the Engine, $12K in the transmission, $6K in the Rear End, $10K in the suspension, $20K in the interior...and you want 20K for body work and a paint job...are you nuts, I haven't decided on my $15K wheels and tires yet.

Probably the first things I'd ask the OP is, what do you have, what do you want, how much is your budget and are you planning on doing anything yourself. If your going to farm a lot of the work out...chances are your budgets off...Especially if you want something between a show on Sunday drive the wheels off of it on Monday...again, chances are your budgets off.

Ray