Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tell me about this SBC
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 05:29 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sorry, but that is a low compession smog engine. It will take big bucks to get anywhere near the HP you are seeking. I build 327s for C2 vettes and 383 strokers for the high horsepower seeking vette guys. In Cal that is 73 and earlier, non smog controlled engines. Anything goes and is legal here on 73 or earlier cars. I just built an aluminum headed 383 stroker engine for a friends 65 vette. It dynoed at 437 RWHP, that is over 500HP at the flywheel if you take the 20% drivetrain loss that is the norm. The car has a 4 speed and 4.11 gears in the rear. To back that up we took the car to infinion raceway, as a noob he ran 12.5 in the quarter on the first pass. No tire burning or speed shifting. Just a lazy take off when the light turns green at an intersection.
I have a pantera, a go kart on steroids. at 100 mph the end would lift, the hall air dam solved that. At the same time the rear would lift. the wing on the rear deck solved that.
Sorry, But why a pickup, It,s light in the