Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - tell me what ya think- 69 chevy c-10
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 02:45 AM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

im a big fan of mildly chopped tops .... i dont liek when people remove 5 inches out of something but i think on a truck this long a 2 1/2 inch chop isnt extreme or out of place.
removing the window surrounds on the doors will actualy give the roof BACK some of the visual height because they are a little over an inch wide themselves. making the "total chop" @ the top of the side windows a mere 1 3/8 ... but allowing me to stretch the cab my 6-8 inches retain the stock windsheild, and keep from breaking a dozen windsheilds just to cut one good one

this way i can crossbrace the windsheild opening, cat the inner braces at the bottom behind the back ... lean it back till it lines up w/ the roof and weld it all back together solid ... the bottom of the a-pillars look kinda goofy anyways ... so it will give me a chance to fix that too

yea i know ... im nuts .... but if people dont think your nuts sometimes ... your not pushing boundries and your not creating new rules .....