Hot Rod Forum banner

tell me what ya think- 69 chevy c-10

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  lowROLLERchevy 
#1 ·
alright ... i just wanna see what people think of my project ... what i mostly want is input on the cab rework im going to be doing - heres the SHORT list of body mods (the full list is at least 40 different major mods
  1. custom "Nomad" concept car style grill
  2. deepley recessed grill mesh (floater grill look)
  3. shaved hood peak
  4. shaved cowl vent louvers
  5. front whelwells stretched forwad (in pic below)
  6. shaved rockers
  7. cab stretched 8 inches (in pic below)
  8. top chopped 2 1/2 inches (in pic below)
  9. one piece door glass to shave the vent windows
  10. shaved sideglass window frame
  11. shaved door handles
  12. shaved drip rails
  13. windsheild leaned way back to keep stock height glass (in pic below)
  14. fleetside style bed narrowed to stepside width, 47 chevy truck style rear fenders molded on
  15. bed welded to cab
  16. tailgate welded shut
  17. taillight made out of dual 40 LED stips on either side (1/4 inch wide slit max. )
    [/list=1]

all riding on 18 / 20 inch wheels , max front roll pan ground clearance will be about 5 inches .... max 8 inches at the rear roll pan. No air bags, all steel springs! 455 poncho dual quad w/ a t76 turbo (aiming for 750 street hp) and a full steel / fiberglass interior done somewhat like the dash in the split window corvettes (i promise .... wont be a ricer style fiberglass dash with all kids of tv's and playstations poking out) roll cage, 5 point harnesses ...... sound good ?

pics below ........ not my personal truck .... stolen from online ..not trying to pose ..... top is stock, bottom is my photoshop mods

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice trucks, I am a bit partial to Step-Sides, as my dad had his for years. I like the stock roof height though. His is lowered 6" in front 7" rear. I think theres a pic of it in the back ground in my album. Once its out of storage I'll put up some more of it.

bonuts

#4 ·
im a big fan of mildly chopped tops .... i dont liek when people remove 5 inches out of something but i think on a truck this long a 2 1/2 inch chop isnt extreme or out of place.
removing the window surrounds on the doors will actualy give the roof BACK some of the visual height because they are a little over an inch wide themselves. making the "total chop" @ the top of the side windows a mere 1 3/8 ... but allowing me to stretch the cab my 6-8 inches retain the stock windsheild, and keep from breaking a dozen windsheilds just to cut one good one

this way i can crossbrace the windsheild opening, cat the inner braces at the bottom behind the back ... lean it back till it lines up w/ the roof and weld it all back together solid ... the bottom of the a-pillars look kinda goofy anyways ... so it will give me a chance to fix that too

yea i know ... im nuts .... but if people dont think your nuts sometimes ... your not pushing boundries and your not creating new rules .....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.