Hot Rod Forum banner

Tell me what you would ddo???

617 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  spinn 
#1 ·
hey everyone
I was driving around my town yesterday when i came across a 85 monte carlo ss for sale for 800 dollars. the engine is going out in it. the guys says he has a 350 from a 72 el camino and other parts that he would sell with the car for 1500. i never done a complete engine before, but if i buy it, i would want to rebuild that 350 first. the body has no dents just rust. the inside is very clean..if i was to buy it, and fix it up, would it be worth it, and how much do you think i can get for it...Thanks

#2 ·
The price sounds good,check the frame rails on the rear of it. What type of parts is he selling with the engine or the extra $700? If the parts or no count,then you can buy a running SBC for alot less than $700 from him.It will cost alot more to build your own,but is not a hard task.

#3 ·
crod_632002 said:
hey everyone
I was driving around my town yesterday when i came across a 85 monte carlo ss for sale for 800 dollars. the engine is going out in it. the guys says he has a 350 from a 72 el camino and other parts that he would sell with the car for 1500. i never done a complete engine before, but if i buy it, i would want to rebuild that 350 first. the body has no dents just rust. the inside is very clean..if i was to buy it, and fix it up, would it be worth it, and how much do you think i can get for it...Thanks
If you are wanting to buy it just to fix up and sell, you won't do that well unless you are able to do all the work yourself.

tom

#5 ·
just a fyi. if you dislike the fact that these cars have 80mph speedometers, there is a company called redlinegaugeworks.com that redoes the factory speedometer. they calibrate it for what ever. a guy i know changed his to 160 mph and its looks factory in his SS. people at the shows ask him how he did it. it has never been more accurate. i think they use VDO components.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.