Temptations - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2003, 06:05 PM
Fantastically cannibalistic!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Temptations

No not the motown group.

I'm looking through ebay for a few trump peices in between drying times and what do I run acrossed? A set of perfect wheels. 16" rear 21" front Invaders! The originals not repro's and for only a walking away price of $600. Invaders are by far the coolest wheels for an old style chop. The question is, part with the coin ($600) plus the cost of some rear disc brakes and all the other goodies, or like everyone else grab up a 21" spoked spooly for considerably less (about $500 less) Ahhh...the dilemas. I want the wheels, but parting with that much coin is a bit much considering I paid less than that for the whole scoot.

Alright you iron butts out there let me here your thoughts.

HK

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2003, 06:35 PM

Last photo:

Well if it were me id get the good ones. As long as i dont take outta my kids college fund (i dont have kids yet) If you can afford it, id get the good ones bro. Be the unique one.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:30 AM

Last journal entry: 2 years later
Last photo:

the good ones look nicer.period, you dont wanna look like walmart.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:44 AM
Returning American Maddman

Last photo:

OOOOOOOOOOOO Mikeway comes in with the killer punch. Don't want to look like Hel-Mart. He is so right. It is some coin, but sometimes you just gotta say...
Old 08-20-2003, 12:14 PM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

I'm gonna' go against the flow and say spokes all the way. I've always liked spokes on a bike with no brakes on front, just a skinny little wheel and hub with lots of spokes.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:47 PM
HEAD GREASEWHORE

Last journal entry: More
Last photo:

Buy the good ones Hk .. .. do you want something that looks like class or a bike that has class!!!

pup
Old 08-20-2003, 01:27 PM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

HK here is a pic of my Scoot from back in the early 90's. It used to have invaders on it, they are True Lester Invaders, lester went out of business in the 80's. I still have the wheels, I'm saving them for a project that I have in my head. The front is a 19" spool ( no brake ) the back is a 16". They are perfect & were re-chromed in 98.

Old 08-20-2003, 01:44 PM
il enforcer

Only $600? Snap 'em up.

If you knew nothing about bikes and you bought a new crap box that would only be maybe 3 monthly payments. Instead you work your butt off building your ride so you don't have a monthly payment. Buy them. NOW!!
Old 08-20-2003, 03:11 PM

Last photo:

The want to get this trump riding as soon as I can overwhelmed me lastevening. I've always wanted invaders, originals but didn't want to take the time to fabricate something for the rearr brakes and master cylinder I have to add, but I have a full machine shop at my disposal so I said today I was coming home and scoring the wheels. I wasn't to conserned with the coin, just the lack of time I have to fab some things up to get it riding. Thats a pretty fair price for original invaders.

Spokes don't give a bike the hel-mart look, thats spooly spoked wheel was really nice, but I think the invaders are the choice, I was just trying to see if anyone could talk me out of it.

Jamnut, 19" are better riding front wheel, 21" track every groove in the road, but they look so much cooler!

HK
Old 08-21-2003, 03:30 PM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

HK
My bike now has a wide glide & 21" Diamond Cut Stainless Spokes now. The 21" tire tracks as good as the 19" ever did, I haven't noticed much of a difference in the handling, but I'm really starting to get used to the dual disks in the front, much better on hills.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:27 PM

Last photo:

Jamnut, not sure how the rodes are in your neck of the woods, but alot of the roads here have a harsh texture to them. Some are just really rough gravel/pavement, some are "finned" they have a pattern to them you just follow like a train track if your going fast enough. We also have alot of historic as well as new bridges with that odd type of grating on it that take your front end for a journey.

Diamond spokes are cool, I just hate spoked wheels because they are a pain in the dupa to clean. I know how you feel about front discs though. I've been riding my bro's 2002 Dyna sport (allll black) the past day or so and been having a blast coming from work. With a chopper its still fun, but you have a different kind of "whoa *****" type fun if your not careful. I've attached a shot of the Invaders down below. Not to shabby for $600, shipping included.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	invaders.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	187  
Old 08-21-2003, 04:37 PM
Crazy Canadian, woohooooo!

Last photo:

Man, I just saw the picks. If that price includes shipping, I don't know why you haven't grabbed 'em up yet. Those look pretty sweet.

Marc
Old 08-21-2003, 06:48 PM

Last photo:

Marc, your late man, I got them yesterday evening like my previous post said. They should be here some time next week. It finally got to me at the shop. Now I got to get a rear brake calliper/disc and a new sprocket, tires, probably bearings if I can't dig some up at the hacienda. Thats still a bit-O-coin, but it will at least look cool. I still need to get some new carbs, but not sure what I want to get yet. I can get some Mikuni's that would work if I could figure out what jets I would need, but no idea at this point how I would have to jet the bloody thing. Most everything else is ready and waiting on me to get it back together and see if I kick it over or lose my knee first. We'll see.

HK
Old 08-21-2003, 07:08 PM
Rooster

buy them! I have a 16" invader on the back and originally had a 19" invader on the front but it had no means of hooking up a brake rotor to it. at least no means that I could do and still feal safe about. I went for the boring 21" spoke up front that everyone has. be different; all bikes are starting to look the same anymore.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:53 AM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Halloweenking
Marc, your late man, I got them yesterday evening like my previous post said. They should be here some time next week. It finally got to me at the shop. Now I got to get a rear brake calliper/disc and a new sprocket, tires, probably bearings if I can't dig some up at the hacienda. Thats still a bit-O-coin, but it will at least look cool. I still need to get some new carbs, but not sure what I want to get yet. I can get some Mikuni's that would work if I could figure out what jets I would need, but no idea at this point how I would have to jet the bloody thing. Most everything else is ready and waiting on me to get it back together and see if I kick it over or lose my knee first. We'll see.

HK
HK you may not take this seriously or maybe won't want this, but I have an old Chromed Harley Bananna caliper & mount. I'm away from home for the next 2 weeks but if you shoot me a PM in a week or so, I'll send it to you for the cost of shipping. I'm in the process of getting rid of a good bit of 20 years of left over parts from building Choppers & Hot Rods. When I get home, I'm gonna start taking pix of the better stuff & start me about 10 EBAY auctions.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.