Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A test on primer color vs SOLID base color outcome
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Problem Child,Hard Case

Last journal entry: Strangest job I've ever done
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I actually had good coverage after the second coat but really wanted to check if there was any difference in color. I flubbed that part as I got so involved with it,I forgot to take some pics of the second coat but after it flashed and sprayed a little waterbourn g&wr it did look "done".
Looks good on my shoes as well.
I have the DeVilbliss bag set up in my base gun and when I flipped the gun upside down to check how much paint I had left,the corner apperantly didn't lock closed and dumped about 1/2 a pt all over the floor.
Main reason I have no pics of the second coat,was kinda busy cleaning up my mess.
I plan on repeating the test on the back side with some CrossFire Red for a comparison of the 2.
One other note.
The LPH-400 with the Purple cap is absoutly KILLER for base. I attribute some of the positive outcome due to it's transfer efficiency.Laying paint ON the panel instead of all over the booth.Another fact with the LPH is getting close in.I was averaging around 4" off panel and when doing test sprays backing off to 5-6" really made a difference in pattern and coverage. Iwata always states to get close and I have always been a 6-7" sprayer but after forcing myself to get in close,realize the difference.