Hot Rod Forum banner

Texas Co-op Power. Truck on cover September 2010 issue

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  shine 
#1 ·
What year is this truck? My wife wants a classic truck as our next project and she's hooked on this body style.

#6 ·
47-54 Chevrolet 1500. Here's my '53. Very little difference between the years so most parts interchange.

#7 ·
KMatch said:
You and Malc a little cranky, or what? The magazine is in the title. And I don't have a pic to post which is why I posted the mag in question in case someone else here reads it. Geeze, don't bother if if that's much trouble.
Speaking for me, yup I´m old and cranky. :smash:
We´re not all Texas Co-Op Power aware
and the title is not the body of the post. :nono:
And I did bother, you could have done it. :thumbup:
And to cap it all you got your answer from Centerline. :D

#8 ·
Centerline said:
47-54 Chevrolet 1500. Here's my '53. Very little difference between the years so most parts interchange.

The one thing she pointed out was the pic on the cover has round front fenders where yours are straight behind the headlights. Does that make it an earlier generation than yours or am I seeing it wrong? Thanks for the help!

#9 ·
That pic is definitely a 47-55 truck
Only major differences between the years is the grill 47-53 & 54-55
And I think the cowl vents were on the sides vs the top on some years.
I think the dashboard had a few changes over the year----but again, nothing major.

It might be of interest to you that 55 had two completely different trucks.
one with the 47+ body and the 'second series' which was like the 56-59.
The 55 second series almost looked like an "out of proportion" 55 passenger car from the front.

Get a closer look at the front fender and you can see it has the same body lines at the bottom rear section

#10 ·
The one on the cover is actually a 54-first series 55. You can tell by he flat bed tops and taller tail gate.
The front fenders "look" exactly the same from 47-54 (it actually goes up to first series 55 but no one says 47-55).

The fender IS different a little bit right under headlamp being the grille comes over to there where the 47-53 the grille is more rectangle shaped and does not go out under the head lamp.

Brian

1954-first series 55 grille (also notice a one piece windshield where the 47-48 had a two piece)

47-53

There are slight differences thru the years with door handles, gas tank location and vent wings.

#11 ·
KMatch said:
You and Malc a little cranky, or what? The magazine is in the title. And I don't have a pic to post which is why I posted the mag in question in case someone else here reads it. Geeze, don't bother if if that's much trouble.
Just to address this, sorry but we can't read minds and I personally have no friggin idea what "Texas Co-Op" is and not the shread of an idea that they have a magazine and had NO IDEA what so ever what you were talking about.

It makes sense to YOU but it didn't to me or others.

Just google the magazine. Right click on the photo and click on "properties" Paste the "URL" of the photo (the address is what it is). Then click on the little "photo" button above where you type your post. The yellow square with the mountains in it.

It will look like this..... But I screwed up the first "" so it doesn't work.

[IMG ]http://vintagetexas.com/blog/pics/TexasCoopBinghamVineyard.jpg

Correcting that it looks like this in your post.

[IMG]http://vintagetexas.com/blog/pics/TexasCoopBinghamVineyard.jpg

You can also click on "See full size image" at the top of the Google header when your page opens after you click on the photo on the Google search results. Then copy the address to that photo of your address bar.

Brian

#12 ·
Thanks for the info, folks. I did some googling before coming here, but just didn't go directly to the magazine. I figured enough Texas folks were on here someone might have stumbled across it. Ah, well, even with my lack of input you guys nailed what I was looking for. Now to find another project...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.