Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Th 350 Detent problem
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2004, 12:39 PM
FSaenz

Wiki Edits: 0

Arrow Th 350 Detent problem.. Any body??

Hey, I have a '86 1/2 ton Chevy P/U. We swapped the 305 with a 350. When we were puling the 305 out the detent cable got snagged between the lift chain and block. The cable lifted the trans up about 5 inches. I ended up buying a new cable because the old one snapped off of the trans, But the cable didn't break only the outer plastic. Now the 670 holley pulls the cable right off the bracket. Just like as if it has too much travel. I'm thinking that inside the trans pan the linkage has to be bent pretty bad. My question is how will i know if it is bent? I changed outt the trans filter and broken detent cable and it looked fine. On regular driving it runs good and shifts smoothly. On WOP acceleration. The cable gets pulled out of the plastic retainer. It'll really take off. From 0-30 mph it goes but from 1st to 2nd shift it seems to hesitate in acceleration (about 35 to 50 mph), Then 50 on up its great. Any place i can see a picture of the detent valve on the trasmission so i can compare to mine?

Last edited by saenz5; 02-29-2004 at 02:10 PM.