Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - th 350 question
Thread: th 350 question
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 11:47 PM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

th 350 question

Hey fellas maybe a year ago I made a post asking some info on my tranny problem,havent had the time or $ to get to it.So now Im gettong closer to getting to ot.So let me ask this as I noticed something new...first here's what happend.Had a motor built by local high performance shop&maybe put 100 miles on it after I dropd it in.Decided to park it till spring when I could get to doing more work to it,piant,interior posi etc.That wws 2 winters ago.Well about a month after I parked it I went to pull ot out of garage to get my old mans car in the barn to swap him a starter out,Went out fine.Went to start her a hour later or however long it took&only had reverse...it was snowing&I addd tranny fluid&noticed the ground was turning red.As fast as I poured it in it came out.But I still had reverse just no drive.Pulled ot back down parked it.
Last year started on body work.Pretty much got it all done just ned to put it all back on&get to other things the car needs.Well I haven't added any fluid since then to it but wherever I roll it in the barn it leaves a puddle.How can I trouble shoot before I buy a new tranny?I hear these are the easiest to rebuild but I have way too much going on&could use thst time to invest in something I know how to do already.Could it be a simple fix?Any comments ideas or criticism is welcome.Thanks fellas!