Th-350 Question - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Engine basic condition - how to check Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 26

Th-350 Question

I have a TH-350 in my T-bucket. I had it rebuilt by a local tranny shop and they also put a shift kit in it. It shifts real strong as I assume it should with a shift kit. My question is the kickdown does not work. The cable is connected and adjusted properly. I was wondering if a shift kit typically disables the kickdown cabability. I was told that this is true. It not a big deal as I like to manually shift it anyway. I need to pull the pan, I have a new aluminum one, and while I have it off was wondering if there is somethis to check or adjust while I am in there. I am fairly certain the little rod is connected inside due to the fact that it feels springy when I pull on it.
Any suggestions
Thanks in advance

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2005, 01:54 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Vaccum

You might want to check the vaccum modulator, I know with those unhooked the trans will shift hard and late. Sounds to me like they disabled the downshift but I've not heard of this being done without the trans being made full manual, hope that helps some.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:54 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

There's a little wire link that connects the tranny end of the kickdown cable to a lever inside the tranny. If it's gone, the kickdown won't work.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:06 AM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

trans

I also run the same configuration as you in my coupe, with a 3400 stall, loppy cam makes me do that. I do not have a kick down cable at all ,You can put an adjustable vacuum module on, a product made by B&M that will allow you to adjust the stoutness of the shift, if you are concerned about the shifting . I as you enjoy the manual shifting , up and down. I can run full automatic and do not notice any difference. Although the trans will not drop to a passing gear , with the ability to manually shift down that pretty well takes care of the problem. In a T your weight is so low you should be able to pretty much just stomp it and power around that slowmobile in your way, or of course down shift and wack it. I will add this the Trick Shift atf by B&M is a killer product. One more tid bit , the B&M folks do not mind answering intelligent questions when asked...

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.